Made my own laundry detergent. For about $10, I probably have enough detergent for a year. And it smells good. Can't beat that.
Got the idea from Pinterest but got the specific recipe from ehow.
It's pretty much a 1:1 ratio of washing soda and borax blended with a grated bar of laudry soap (fels-napatha or zote).
I used 1 cup each of borax and washing soda and 1 bar of fels napatha. Put 2 tbls. of the mix into the washer for each load. This will probably last me for a few months and then I'll make more. The only boxes that Wal-Mart had were pretty big, so I have a lot left over. I put the mixture in an old plastic ice cream container I had.
If I would have known it was that easy to make, I would have done that years ago.
Oh, and the taxes got done today as well. Woo hoo! Look at me, finished two projects!
1. Refinish the dresser
2. Make these two shirts I've been drooling over
3. Finish the quilts for the nieces and nephews
4. Make a coffee table
4a. Make Frames for my paintings and crayon art.
5. Start Remodeling the kitchen (this will probably end up as number 7, 8, or 9 because it's a big project).
6. Make outside patio furniture
7. Make farmhouse table
8. Make king size bed frame for possible new king size bed
9. Landscaping (this should probably be #1) stupid HOA, think they own everyone. The lawns mowed and de weeder has been layed down. And nowhere in the deed restrictions does it say I cannot have flower pots on the front porch, so they will be remaining there for the time being.